Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Madden Curse: why I won't vote for Patrick Willis in the semi-finals of the Madden 13 cover vote

By Joey McMurry

Patrick Willis is a stud. He's the best linebacker in the league and has made it further than any other defensive player in the history of Madden NFL cover voting. Props to him, and I really am rooting for him to get on the cover because I am a 49ers fan who loves defense.

That being said, I hope Willis doesn't win.

As much as I would love to see Willis dawn the cover of the game I play the most every year, I care too much about the real Patrick Willis and his welfare.

I'm a baseball player which means I'm a very superstitious guy. So, as a result, I'm a firm believer in the Madden Curse. It's never failed. Every year something has happened to the player on the cover. Whether it be injuries, a horrible season, or losing to the Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs, the Madden Curse has always held true. So as much as I love Patrick Willis and would love to see him on the cover of Madden NFL 13, I hope that Cam Newton (shudders, as a Duck fan) beats him in the semi-final.

As a 49ers fan, I can't bring myself to vote against Willis. As a Duck fan, I can't bring myself to vote for Newton. So, I've decided I'm doing the American thing and just not voting. I think that's a fair deal.

What do you all think? Is the Madden Curse enough to not vote for your favorite player?

No comments:

Post a Comment