Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tim Lincecum is finally on Twitter

By Joey McMurry

I'll admit, it took me quite some time to get on the Twitter bandwagon (as evidenced by my lack of tweets @JoeyMcM93). Lately, however, I've been reading Twitter much, much more. When Chip Kelly was possibly leaving for the NFL, I was checking Twitter by the minute. And, truth be told, it was Twitter than informed me that Chip was in fact staying at Oregon.

Seven years ago, Twitter was nothing. Now, everyone seems to use Twitter (I'm shocked I lasted as long as I did without one). It offers a unique way to get news and connect with people at the same time. Plus, it provides an avenue for some of the funniest (and sometimes offensive) comments on the internet.

Tim Lincecum finally getting on Twitter doesn't mean he will blow Twitter up, but it surprises me that a guy like Tim Lincecum took this long to get a Twitter.
He seems like a pretty funny guy (although he's no Brian Wilson), and because of his standing as a true celebrity it would make sense that he would have one. Plus, the Giants feed pointed out today that the number one question they get asked is when Tim Lincecum will get a Twitter. Well, looks like there will be a new number one question now.

Maybe he has something against Twitter and that's why he took so long to make one? Who knows. Perhaps is PR people finally bugged him enough to make an account. After all, when Twitter is used effectively, it can be an outstanding tool to build a fan base.

I look forward to seeing more of what Lincecum has to say, especially after his first tweet read " just want to say congrats to you and the team on a great job and making the US proud, so pumped for you guys."

Well said, Tim.

1 comment:

  1. I joined Twitter when I was tracking Harbaugh Mania last year. It was simply the fastest way to get news, and with stuff like a coaching search, you just can't depend on 49ers web zone. I don't regret it at all - I wouldn't be blogging without it!

    ReplyDelete